Thursday, September 15, 2011

Much Better!

Yesterday the new home health agency started working with me at the house. The difference was huge and was a big relief. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of good care when you are dealing with HG in pregnancy. The compassion and proactive treatment of my physician has made such a difference in this pregnancy. Even though I still feel horrible most of the time, I have not reached the critical stage like I did in my last pregnancy. Have a doctor who is willing to take time to keep working with me and working through the issues associated with HG means that I am not in such a huge deterioration and have spent way less time in the hospital.

The new home health agency was wonderful. Where the first company was more concerned about what they would not do and what worked best for the, this agency wants to do what is best for the patient. They took extensive time filling out my history and checking my health. When they found out I had been having some issues, the picked up the phone right there and contacted my doctor. Where the last company would have said I should call, they picked up the phone and called her themselves. In addition to the time and care they took finding out my situation, the offered many helpful alternatives should I need the services. For instance, they have offered to do blood draws and take them to the lab rather than my having to make a special trip to the doctor to have them done. They listed several things they can do as long as they have doctor orders. They were more than willing to do things to make my life easier and were most concerned about what was going to be best for my health. Huge difference, they are definitely patient focused!

Currently I am having trouble sleeping at night, this is not uncommon with my pregnancies. First I am usually up sick most of the night and I am prone to insomnia with my thyroid issues. So I am really exhausted most of the time. I am trying to find ways to resolve the insomnia but if it continues I suppose I will have to talk with the doctor about the issue and see if there is some remedy. I seem to have good days and bad days, days where I am sicker than others and am able to keep less down. I try to balance those days by making sure that I eat good foods the days that I can keep more down. I am currently reading through lists of "pregnancy super foods." I will post a good list once I have them down. However, I do always tell people that you are the only one who can decide what you can and cannot eat. Knowing something is good for you will not over rule the gag reflex if you are not interested in eating that particular food.

I am no in my 17th week. Around 20 weeks is when I see a marked difference in the sickness. Usually around that point things start to taper off and I start to hold more down. I am hoping that this is going to be the same trend with this pregnancy. I HOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment