Friday, September 2, 2011

Delivery Day

I got my delivery today from the pharmacy. I have bags of fluid, my own IV pole, and all the dressing changes. I love new stuff but just not that excited about this little delivery. I mean who dives excitedly into a box of saline flush for your PICC line. I find myself picturing things to do to the IV pole to dress it up and make it more present like to make it less depressing. Maybe I should put some ribbons or get some of the kids stickers. Maybe if I hang some plants from the bag hooks that will make it somewhat more attractive sitting over there in the corner.

The kids seem to be handling this well. I try to make it a joke so it is less intimidating. I told them my PICC line was a snake :p and that if the get to close it will bite them...okay so not intimidating but it does make them giggle. I sit on the couch covered up and run to the bathroom, but other than that I am grateful to be home. The idea of spending almost three months in the hospital is a nightmare. The nurses are wonderful and I loved the care I got on the floor but I missed my boys. I was a weeping wimp when I broke down and cried that last night. I just could not stop crying. Of course, I could just write it off as hormones.

Today I am grateful for being home, and that my children are not overwhelmed by all the medical equipment that is invading our home. I am happy to see my kids faces rather than having to stare at hospital walls all day. I am thankful that the baby from all signs is healthy and wiggling happily in my tummy unfazed by the difficult health situation I am going through right now. I am grateful to have only 166 days to go and looking forward to better days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment