Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Allergies

Today's doctor appointment went well in that I was able to come home and not be admitted to the hospital. I always find this to be a positive.

I am having an allergic reaction to the darn tape used in the dressing on my PICC. So they are changing that and I have a cream that has to be applied twice a day. I have huge blisters under the current dressing from the glue. I just laughed when she said that was what it was, silly I know, but better to laugh than to cry.

I gained a couple pounds this week. That is always nice to see, it means I am keeping more in than I am giving up so that is encouraging.

I have another appointment next week for a check and then in a couple weeks I go to the maternal-fetal docs for high risk pregnancies. For now I am just trying to find a sense of normal at home. On the days I feel good I make the most of the day playing with the boys and getting things finished. The days I feel terrible I rest and try to find some energy to get to the good days.That is my "routine" for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment